Lillian Weber, a 99-year-old good Samaritan from Iowa, has spent the last few years sewing a dress a day for the Little Dresses For Africa charity, a Christian organization that distributes dresses to children in need in Africa and elsewhere.
Weber’s goal is to make 1,000 dresses by the time she turns 100 on May 6th. So far, she’s made more than 840. Though she says she could make two a day, she only makes one – but each single dress she makes per day is personalized with careful stitchwork. She hopes that each little girl who receives her dress can take pride in her new garment.
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
a little girl in the grocery store just asked me if i was a princess because my dress was pretty and i said everyone’s a princess and she pointed to her dad and asked if he was a princess too and her dad said yep its true im a princess and she looked so happy idk it was adorable
Here I have drawn TINA BELCHER VS. THE UNIVERSE for someone who donated to our #PlayLive charity video game event for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Today is our final day of live-streaming for charity and we’ll be doing an EXTRA-LONG FINALE EDITION with the DC Comics based INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US LIVE today starting at 2PM Central!
Watch me be bad at video games, talk about comics and cartoons, get some original art, AND help sick kids!
Also, help us spread the word with a reblog or RT if you’re into helping sick kids!
(Prints of this are available at Etsy.
Other stuff with this on it is available at RedBubble.)
Last day! I think they will also be selling a piece of my art. Check it out!